Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Husband wins

I've learned this week that feeling horrible can actually pay off!  If not in fun, at least it appears to be paying in material goods when my beleaguered and infinitely patient husband feels I need cheering.  Dear friends, I became the proud parent of a New iPad last Friday evening.  I didn't ask for it.  I have never owned one of these delightful little toys before.  While it is very much an overgrown iPhone, it's also beautiful, slick, fun, and very cheering indeed.  He really shouldn't have done that, but I'm enjoying it a great deal.  Yes, he will get a whole lot of mileage out of that one.  I can't get mad at him for at least three weeks.  Maybe longer.  Actually, it's pretty rare for us to argue anymore.  It just wastes time and really doesn't solve anything, so we don't bother much anymore. When we do, it's really ugly.

I know I said the blog wasn't going to become an RA blog because it's already well covered, but screw it.  I'm going to bitch about it some more anyhow.

NSAIDs cause your blood pressure to rise.  Or they can.  And mine has been hovering right around 165/90 which isn't quite gasket-blowing level, but mighty damned close.  I've been treated for high blood pressure for nearly a decade, but my cholesterol is normal and always has been, so I've taken the meds and not given it much thought until recently when I could feel it getting out of control --  Headaches, jangled and anxious feeling, you know how it goes.  Or maybe you don't.  Anyhow, I went to the regular PCP about it, and was told to stop taking the NSAIDs and triple my 10mg dose of lisinopril until it falls back into a normal range.  It's not going down and the sudden withdrawal of the NSAIDs is causing pain and swelling, not to mention extraordinary fussiness and fear imminent stroke.  I suppose I need to call the doctor's office again.  

In alternate news, I am utterly fascinated by this website of cool, overpriced South Korean things, and clearly need the Rabbit Toilet Paper Case because it would be so very useful.  I actually love the purse organizers, but they're absurdly priced.


No comments:

Post a Comment