Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm a golf pro!

You've doubtlessly seen all the ads on TV for drugs that treat rheumatoid arthritis.  They make things look like one dose of this stuff will make your entire life so much better that people want to take it even if they've never had RA.  Then they give you all the warnings about the dreadful things that might happen if you take it.  Then they list the side effects which always seem to include seizures, coma, and death.

At this point, I'm willing to take all those risks and let my very nice rheumatologist run me over with his drug train.  Phil Mickelson takes Enbrel, so this means I should now be able to golf, right?  No, I've never had a lesson, but I'm pretty sure that if he can do it on these drugs, I should be able to as well.  Being a golf pro will certainly help out the family budget.  When do I go on tour?  Are they letting women into Augusta yet?

We'll see if this stuff helps.  Something has to.  The steroids are telling me to eat everything that comes within a grabbing radius and kill my mother-in-law, so I have to quit taking them.

I really thought I'd be blogging more, didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment