Friday, March 2, 2012

Nothing new here, move along...

OK, no more leftover chili in the microwave at work.  No matter what I do, it explodes.  Yes, I put a vented lid on it, but the instant I turn my back to grab a napkin, there's a soft thump and everyone else in the breakroom looks up to see whose lunch exploded.  It's often mine, although I've seen the product of some pretty spectacular messes others have left behind.  How can people just walk away from that sort of mess?  This doesn't count as blogging about work, by the way.  It's merely remarking upon my Dilbert-like workplace and its denizens in a generic way.  Totally different.

My darling Buddhist daughter has recommended an audiobook of guided meditations by Jon Kabat-Zinn to see if meditation can help me deal with RA.  I could quite possibly be the very worst candidate on earth for mindfulness meditation, but at this point I'm willing to try anything.  G wanted me to take a meditation class, but I can't quite see myself twitching and twisting and trying to get comfortable with a roomful of...well...anyone right now.  (My irritability is at an all-time high thanks to the pain, and I'm just not fit for polite company.)  I listened to part of it last night, and the man has a pleasant voice and some very good points as well as an amazing track record at helping others, so I'll give him a shot.  




2 comments:

  1. good thing I'm not polite, then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one time I tried to meditate, I'd already been having a bad day, and it gave me a chance to ruminate ... and burst into tears. Had to run out of the room when it was so no one could see me. Never tried it since...

    ReplyDelete